? ??????????????Purple Whisp? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (451 Ratings)??2410 Grabs Today. 66534 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????The Only? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (43 Ratings)??2261 Grabs Today. 53086 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, February 19, 2010

A shower and a hair brush....





..Last weekend I began the wonderful task of "spring cleaning". Removing the clutter in our lil' shoebox of a townhome...anyhow in the midst of sorting through the what nots I came across some old photographs.

With my long hair, manicured nails,dark skin, petite frame, and polished face one would have thought it was a special occassion. But the truth is I was more then likely just up and about for the day. I was looking thinking wow that must have been so long ago and then I noticed the date...not even a full three years...WHAT?! where is that woman?

I looked up into the bedroom mirror with my messy bun, faded leggings, and husbands football jersey on. Is THIS what marriage does?!...or perhaps a deployment, or uprooting yourself from everything you know?! Maybe it was a bit of it all compiled into one either way...that reflection...that rundown woman in the mirror was/is NOT me...and then all of the sudden it hit me...It is ME!!..and I was ok with it. WHAT?! I thought and laughed...it's true! I was happy with the fact that I had in a way "traded" all that "crap" in for something with substance...

As moms/wives we give up so much not just our time, not just our space or needs but in a way I think we give bits of ourselves. I dunno why? Life just seems to wash over us like some giant tsunami wave and drench us and "frump" us down. It's funny how the "mandatories" of yesterday become the "luxuries" of today without us even realizing or caring. Sure we have days where we think I'd kill for the "used to be" days...but then we look at our babies and husbands and realize no we wouldn't give just "Anything" maybe the dishes, or laundry but not our families...

That is a true trophy wife! The one that gives/cares more for her hubby and family then about herself. The one that wears those yoga pants and t-shirt and ROCKS IT lol

I held the picture next to me and said "Honey look at who you fell in love with and look at who you married!", my husband God bless his soul simply laughed and said "The only difference between you and her is a shower and hair brush" haha gotta love him!

0 comments: